1. If there was a movie produced about your life who would play you and why?
2. What songs best describe your work ethic?
Make It Happen sung by Mariah Carey
3. A cat walks into the room wearing a leisure suit. What does he say and why is he here?
Well, hello there, I’m looking for a nice pet
4. If you could visit any place in the World, where would you go and why?
Japan. I love sushi
5. What’s the weirdest thing you’ve ever eaten?
Filipino balut egg with embryo. Gross!
6. What are you reading now?
This email questionnaire
7. If you could sit and chat with any historical figure who would it be and why
Susan B. Anthony because she was a trailblazer
8. What would your slogan be for your life?
To thine own self be true
9. What do you want to be when you grow up?
A rock star
10. What is something no one knows about you?
I’ve met Mohammed Ali twice and have his signature on a very unique document, which might have value. It has been particularly an honor to meet him since he has such great significance in my life. He won the Heavyweight Championship while my Mother was in Labor. She was afraid she was going to have deliver me herself since the doctors were transfixed on watching the boxing match.
11. What piece of art have you seen that moved you?
The Nightwatch by Rembrandt
12. What was the last thing you geeked out about?
Understanding how to configure my WIFI on the Wii
13. Name 5 things from your bucket list.
- Visit Japan
- Attend French immersion classes in France
- Stay at the Amman Hotel in Sveti Stefan, Montenegro
- Drive a motorcycle
- Visit Bali
14. If you could hear someone’s thoughts for one day who would it be and why
My Mother. She was a super wise woman and I miss her
15. If you were trapped in a TV for a month what show would you choose to be in and why?
The Love Boat because it’s the Love Boat
Today, Karen brings her unique background and skills to the practice of law by representing domain investor clients and domain registries on a wide variety of issues involving domain disputes and New gTLDs. Karen also brokers premium domain names and is best known for brokering Occupy.com during the Occupy Wall Street movement.
Recently, Karen successfully defended her client against Johnson & Johnson’s failed attempt to transfer the domain name, Johnsons.com, and she saved the Nashville based, major record label music industry backed, New gTLD applicant for .Music in two Objections brought by a competing applicant before the World Intellectual Property Organization in Switzerland and the International Centre for Expertise in France.
Karen speaks and writes about significant legal issues in the domain and Internet industries. She recently participated on several panels at DomainFest in Los Angeles and at NamesCon in Las Vegas, and she was featured on The PBS Nightly Business Report about New gTLDs and the Fox US nationally syndicated talk radio show, The Leslie Marshall Show, about the Right to Be Forgotten ruling against Google in Europe. Karen has also been recommended by and has written articles in major domain industry blogs.