1. If there was a movie produced about your life who would play you and
I probably would play myself.
2. What songs best describe your work ethic?
Classical music typically orchestrates my work, as my search engine
optimization (SEO) analysis of websites is very technical and
orchestrated. So, whether it’s Mozart or Bach or the theme of Star Wars,
classical music describes my work ethic to a tee.
3. A cat walks into the room wearing a leisure suit. What does he say and
why is he here?
I wouldn’t know what he says, as I wouldn’t stick around to find out. I’m
not cat fan, and unfortunately am allergic to cats.
4. If you could visit any place in the World, where would you go and why?
I’d be back in Aspen, Colorado. Great summers, and skiing in the winter.
5. What’s the weirdest thing you’ve ever eaten?
The weirdest thing I’ve eaten on purpose or by accident? I remember that
time when I walked a mile in a cow pasture just to get to an awesome
fishing hole. And then I vividly remember the long walk back. And feeling
like I’d been eaten alive by mosquitoes. And I recall sucking down a few
weird bugs at the same time, not on purpose!
6. What are you reading now?
I’m an online news junkie, and read a TON of material online every day,
including blog posts and articles. I don’t recall the last time I’ve
picked up a paper book, except if it was a magazine or local newspaper we
got in the mail.
7. If you could sit and chat with any historical figure who would it be and why?
Most likely it would be George W. Bush. Whether or not you like him or
hate him, he has been heavily involved in a lot of what has changed
America over the past 20 years (including what’s happened since 2001).
There’s no doubt that a lot of things that we’re involved in every day has
changed since 2001, especially with security and online privacy. I bet he
has a lot of interesting stories to tell that haven’t made it out into the
8. What would your slogan be for your life?
Get organized, and pay it forward whenever you can.
9. What do you want to be when you grow up?
Famous. I Wanna Be Famous, and that’s all. But seriously, I started a website
back in the late 1990s called iWannaBeFamous.com, where I feature other
people on the site. And it’s still going strong since the 1990s. Since I
figured that I wouldn’t be famous when I grow up, I might as well try to
make other people famous.
10. What is something no one knows about you?
Most good friends already know, but I should mention it; I’m really
technical (online, etc.) by day but also love the outdoors. Me and my
family don’t live “in the city” so to speak, and have livestock on our
property. It makes for a really good mix, as you can’t really spend all
day, 24/7, in front of a computer screen.
11. What piece of art have you seen that moved you?
I have some unique paintings by my grandmother, which are mostly
watercolors. And a lot of wildflower and outdoor scene type photography by
my grandfather, who was a professional photographer. That is the art
that’s more personal to me and have moved me.
12. What was the last thing you geeked out about?
Just recently (this past weekend) I got an indoor cell phone tower for my
house. Since I typically have gotten horrible cell phone coverage where I
live, and have to go outside to get a signal, I am excited about being
able to sit in my home office and actually talk on the phone. I am too
used to having to say “Can you hear me now?”
13. Name 5 things from your bucket list.
- Visit Melbourne, Australia.
- Take my kids to the Eiffel Tower.
- Take my kids to Naples, Florida and spend time at the beach (used to live
- Go skiing in Aspen again.
- Visit Alaska.
I think there’s a theme here, and travel is that theme.
14. If you could hear someone¹s thoughts for one day who would it be and
I’d spend another day talking with my stepfather, who died too early,
about 10 years ago. Always wanted his opinions on decisions in my life,
and was always helpful. I’d talk to him about my accomplishments in the
past 10 years.
15. If you were trapped in a TV for a month what show would you choose to
be in and why?
Probably Chevy Chase’s Las Vegas Vacation. I could watch that movie over
and over again, and watch it every time I go to Las Vegas every year.
Bill Hartzer is a successful internet marketing expert, having practiced search engine optimization and website marketing since 1996 and is frequent speaker at leading SEO and SEM conferences including Pubcon (Austin, Boston, Dallas, Las Vegas, New Orleans conferences, from 2005 to Present) and Search Engine Strategies (Toronto, New York, San Jose, Chicago conferences, 2005 to Present).
Bill is a member of the Forbes Business and Finance blog network.Bill is one of the original founders of the Dallas/Fort Worth Search Engine Marketing Association, and has over fourteen years of search engine marketing and social media marketing experience.You won’t want to miss a minute of Bill Hartzer discussing SEO