1. If there was a movie produced about your life who would play you and why?
Tom Cruise would play me because it would be the sequel to Jerry Maguire.
2. What songs best describe your work ethic?
Moves Like Jagger by Maroon 5
3. A cat walks into the room wearing a leisure suit. What does he say and why is he here?
“Hey Wester get a move on! Do you know how many women are at the lobby bar!” Bill Lozada quote 😉
4. If you could visit any place in the World, where would you go and why?
I would travel to Alberta, Canada to the Northern tip of the Rockie Mountain range and strap my GoPro Hero3 onto my cap and look for Bigfoot.
5. What’s the weirdest thing you’ve ever eaten?
The pasta dish on my last Sydney to San Francisco flight. They said it was pasta, but was more like brusselsprouts soaked in formaldehyde. Yes, WEIRD!!!
6. What are you reading now?
This long quirky list of questions.
7. If you could sit and chat with any historical figure who would it be and why.
I would sit and chat with Dr. Martin Luther King and would ask him how he prevailed through his years and years of unwavering and relentless effort to bring about civil rights. Amazing and fascinating man.
8. What would your slogan be for your life?
“Intelligence, hard work, a college degree and funding do not make you successful, persistence does.”
9. What do you want to be when you grow up?
I don’t want to ever grow up, but if I did, I would be a hands on boobs inspector for the best breast augmentation surgeons in the World.
10. What is something no one knows about you?
I secretly keep count of how many times a day I say “thank you” and have a daily goal of 50 times.
11. What piece of art have you seen that moved you?
Every single piece of work done by Charles Billich moves me. Sydney to Hobart paintings, cityscapes, landscapes, nudes and really every single thing that he’s painted moves me. It was great catching up with him for some nibbles and wine this week when I was in L.A. hiring the Domain Graffiti marketing director.
12. What was the last thing you geeked out about?
I don’t geek out.
13. Name 5 things from your bucket list.
- Build a school for girls in the Middle East.
- Book a flight to space on VisitSpace.com.
- Buy an Aston Martin Vanquish Volante and drive from Malibu Beach to the Florida Keys.
- Buy a helicopter.
- Open a company to assist homeless people around the World.
14. If you could hear someone’s thoughts for one day who would it be and why?
That would be Clayton Christensen and I’d like to hear what he thought about innovation in technology so I could secure .com domains.
15. If you were trapped in a TV for a month what show would you choose to be in and why?
I would have to be trapped in Pawn Stars. They say Rick is the master negotiator, but I’d have to mentor him.
During the last 12 months he’s brokered 2 domain name sales over USD $200,000 and currently holds over 10,000 names under brokerage. The premium .au domains can be found on his website http://www.virtualproperty.com.au and his personal website is http://www.jameswester.com. His current start-up, DomainGraffiti.com will bridge his ideals for expanding the domain name industry and disrupting other markets that offer services for domain names and website. He is currently splitting time between Australia and the United States, where Domain Graffiti is based.