1. If there was a movie produced about your life who would play you and why?
I’d love to see what Rowan Atkinson could do with the life of Paul Goldstone!
2. What songs best describe your work ethic?
“A hard day’s night” The Beatles
3. A cat walks into the room wearing a leisure suit. What does he say and why is he here?
“Larry!!” He’s looking for Larry.
4. If you could visit any place in the World, where would you go and why?
Outer space for a bit of peace and quiet and reflection on the world.
5. What’s the weirdest thing you’ve ever eaten?
Brussel Sprouts. As a child I would eat them one leaf at a time smothered in anything I could find to change the taste.
6. What are you reading now?
Diary of a Wimpy Kid with my 10 year old, Dr. Seuss with my 8 year old, and Mr. Tickle with my 6 year old. On my own time, mostly emails.
7. If you could sit and chat with any historical figure who would it be and why?
Bruce Lee. He’s a legend.
8. What would your slogan be for your life?
Smiles are contagious… pass one on.
9. What do you want to be when you grow up?
Who says I want to grow up?
10. What is something no one knows about you?
I was born at home. On the couch. On purpose.
11. What piece of art have you seen that moved you?
Soul Searching by MichaelO
BTW, thanks for this question! I first saw this on a friend’s Facebook page a long time ago but he didn’t know the name or artist. Every so often I search for it again describing as best I can and today I finally found it!
12. What was the last thing you geeked out about?
Most recently, launch day of the .co.com registry. It’s been a long time coming, an exciting day in my career, and to be working with Ken Hansen and Gregg (TripleG) McNair is quite the honour and learning experience.
13. Name 5 things from your bucket list.
- Learn sign language
- See the Aurora Borealis
- Create an online positivity movement
- Make a difference in childrens’ lives
- Base jump
14. If you could hear someone’s thoughts for one day who would it be and why
Pass. Already enough voices in my own head thanks.
15. If you were trapped in a TV for a month what show would you choose to be in and why?
Monty Python’s Flying Circus. Why? For something completely different… and a daily dose of spam, eggs, sausage and spam.
Paul Goldstone is a well known face in the world of domaining, got his start in 1996 as the CEO of DomainIt.com (ICANN registrar). Most recently he was elected to the executive committee on the Registrar Stakeholder Group.
Among other known brands, Paul is the owner of iGoldrush.com (domain guide and news), President of co.com (domain registry), DomainSearch.com (whois web site) and numerous other industry related companies which includes a 1000+ domain portfolio.
Outside of the domain industry his company runs several high traffic web sites and social media accounts including CountryCallingCodes.com and iLoveUSA.com, and on a lighter note, WhyDidTheChickenCrossTheRoad.com!
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.